Sunday, October 28, 2012

Road Trip to BAF

So... I went on a visit to Bagram Air Force Base.... not because I wanted to, because I was told. I had to go meet the Mortuary Affairs (MA) Team and our higher up MA people. Our higher ups, didn't even know I was going to show up... And well.. everything we went through only took about an hour. So... it was a worthless trip.

I did get to have some Green Bean Coffee, which we have at Camp Marmal. It was nice to just sit and enjoy it. There PX wasn't anything fancy, nor was there bazaar. So we (I was with another guy in my unit), ended up just hanging out at the MACP (mortuary affairs collection point). We actually spent the night there too.

I expeirenced my first IDF (Indirect Fire). It landed about a football field away from us. So we hung out in a bunker for about an hour. It hit a water buffalo (no one was hurt), and there was water all over that particular area.

I ended up sleeping on a couch... Well.. I didn't sleep much because the building was right by the flight line, so aircraft were constantly leaving.

The personnel at the airport are idiots too. I called at 10 pm, that night to see if there were any flights out in the morning... The guy said the only one was at 1015. Well I asked if it was show time or the actual flight left. He said show time was then. Which is just a time they tell you to show up before the plan comes in... Well it turned out 1015 was the flight time NOT the show time, AND another flight had gone out earlier that morning. So... we thought we were screwed, but another flight went out later that afternoon so we made it back.


I ended up sleeping 1130 hours that night and it was the greatest feeling ever!!

Well... that's all for now... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment